All Weeks Business Strategy Coursera Quiz Answers
Practice Quiz : Orientation
Q1. This course includes ___ modules.
Q2. I am required to purchase a textbook for this course.
Q3. Which of the following activities is NOT required in each module?
- Watch the lecture videos.
- Complete the practice quizzes.
- Complete the module quizzes.
- Complete the peer reviewed assignments.
Q4. The Honors Assignments are not required activity. However, work for the Honors Assignments will be recognized as Honors on the course certificate.
Q5. The following tool(s) will help me use the discussion forums:
- Upvoting posts
- Reporting inappropriate posts
- Following a thread
- All of the other options are correct.
Q6. If I have a problem in the course I should:
- Email the instructor
- Call the instructor
- Drop the class
- Report it to the Learner Help Center (if the problem is technical) or to the Content Issues forum (if the problem is an error in the course materials).
Leading Strategically: Quiz
Q1. Which of the following are characteristics of a good mission statement?
- Does not lose sight of the customer needs or problems that the company was built to address
- Is a memorable, inspiring, brief statement
- Emphasizes the creation of some type of customer or social value
- All of the above
Q2. Why did Blockbuster shut down or close?
- The company ran into labor problems
- The same needs of the customer were met with a better business model
- Blockbuster substituted its business with more in-demand liquor business
- The company was badly run and so it ran out of cash
Q3. What does the letter ‘R’ in the V-A-R-S framework stand for?
- realization of value
Q4. The true impact of vision and mission statements does not depend on the actions of the company’s leaders.
Q5. Which of the following is NOT true about Uber’s business model?
- Uber employs a rating system where both the driver and passenger can rate each other after the ride
- Uber ensures high quality of customer experience by directly employing its drivers
- Uber paid around 80% of the fare from a ride to the driver and kept 20% to itself
- Uber does not own the fleet of vehicles it uses for its services
Business Strategy Week 02 Quiz Answers
Quiz : External Analysis
Q1. What does the “S” in the PESTEL framework stand for?
Q2. When assessing the overall effect on industry profitability of the five forces in Porter’s framework, one should follow which of the following approaches?
- Ignore the assessment of each of the forces as they have no bearing on profitability.
- Use the PESTEL framework to understand how the five forces will affect profitability.
- Focus mostly on the pivotal force, which is the greatest source of competition in the industry.
- Calculate and focus on the average effect of all the forces.
Q3. Which of the following industries is historically among the most profitable in the U.S.?
- Aircraft, guided missiles, and parts
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Airline services
- Iron and steel
Q4. What force in the 5-forces framework corresponds to the threat of price wars in the industry?
- Threat of new entrants
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Rivalry among industry firms
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of substitutes
Q5. PESTEL is a strategic framework used to analyze the industry environment of a company.
Q6. Inherently, industry analysis is a static framework, but it can be used in a quasi-dynamic way by applying the framework at different points in time.
Q7. The core premise of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm is that performance is what ultimately creates industry structure.
Business Strategy Week 03 Quiz Answers
Quiz : Internal Analysis and Competitive Advantage
Q1. Why has Southwest Airlines done amazingly well when others in the airline industry have been unprofitable?
- It is invested in other industries to hedge the risk of being in the airline industry.
- Many of its competitors filed for bankruptcy and so were unable to compete.
- It has developed and sustained a competitive advantage over its competitors
- All of the above
Q2. When do we say that a firm has sustained competitive advantage?
- When a firm’s superior performance over its competition is profitable
- When a firm’s superior performance over competition is achieved using environmentally sustainable practices
- When a firm’s superior performance over its competition is maintained over time
- When a firm’s performance is equal to the average of the industry
Q3. Which of the following is an example of a tangible resource?
- Employee skills and expertise
- Supplier & Distributor relationships
- Raw material leases
Q4. If a firm has a resource or a capability that is valuable and rare, and difficult to imitate, then it may have a _______________.
- Competitive parity
- Temporary competitive advantage
- Sustained competitive advantage
- Competitive disadvantage
Q5. Starbucks’s real-estate approach was to avoid having multiple Starbucks outlets in close proximity or on the same block to prevent cannibalizing each other’s sales.
Business Strategy Week 04 Quiz Answers
Quiz : Strategic Positioning and Strategic Renewal
Q1. What are the main “generic strategies” that companies can use to strategically position their business units?
- Cost leadership and differentiation advantage
- Cost advantage and product leadership
- Differentiation leadership and price advantage
- Price leadership and product advantage
Q2. What is a dual (or integrated) strategy?
- A strategy that combines the benefits of cost leadership and differentiation advantage
- A strategy that uses broad scope and cost leadership
- A strategy that uses narrow scope and differentiation advantage
- A strategy that creates value through narrow and broad scope simultaneously
Q3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a firm that is adopting differentiation advantage to gain competitive advantage?
- The firm commands a price premium for its products or services.
- The firm places its emphasis on controlling costs in order to produce higher EVA and profits.
- The firm produces products or services that are unique and different from competitors.
- The firm emphasizes value creation for customers and produces higher EVA and profits in that way.
Q4. Which of the following is NOT a part of the 3P dynamic capabilities framework?
Q5. Customization is a driver of cost advantage for firms.
Q6. Cost leadership strategy requires firms to have broad scope.
Q7. Nokia, Blackberry, and Kodak have NOT been successful in recent years because they got stuck in the middle and needed a dual strategy.
I hope this Business Strategy Coursera Quiz Answers would be useful for you to learn something new from this Course. If it helped you then don’t forget to bookmark our site for more Quiz Answers.
Enroll on Coursera
This course is intended for audiences of all experiences who are interested in learning about new skills in a business context; there are no prerequisite courses.